Saturday, December 13, 2008

AIG LIcensure Class

Here is a copy of several emails back and forth between Dr. Dole (Gifted Education Classes as Western Carolina) and I :


| | Your final products are excellent, Melissa. The only thing that I would suggest is to indicate the weight on each category on the rubric. It appears that they are of equal weight but I don't know if that is what you intended.
| | |
| | | With your permission, I would like to use your products as examples for future classes. I would like to post examples of exemplary products in the AIG Resource Room in the Virtual School.
| | |
| | | You really should consider continuing in the MAED gifted program if you don't already have a master's degree. Dr. Dole


| |
| | Dr. Dole,
| |
| | Thank you for the nice comments on my product. Of course you can use them if you want.
| |
| | I just graduated with my masters degree in reading education in December last year before I started the AIG classes. I have really enjoyed learning and working on the projects in this program. What are the other classes like in the masters program?


| From: Sharon Dole
| Subject: RE: Curriculum map, unit, and rubrics
| Date Sent: December 12, 2008 5:21 PM
| To: Melissa Edwards
|
|
| There is a new course, Current Issues in Gifted Education, that I'm teaching this semester. We are using a wiki and the students are doing collaborative research projects on the wiki. Their projects have been outstanding--they have integrated all kinds of multimedia including videos of student interviews and videos of teach/counselor/administrator interviews. After the initial technology hurdles, the students really took to it and did amazing collaborative work.
Dr. Dole
|
|
|That class sounds really neat. I am just starting to do the wiki thing and going to have my AIG students start working on it after Christmas. Is any of that stuff going in the Virtual School or anywhere that I might be able to look at some of it?
Melissa
| | |
|

No comments: