Being a "Teacherpreneur" can have a positive impact on a student's education.
o Form partnerships
o Own their problems (kaizen – continual, slow, steady improvement)
o Embed learning (build a personal learning network . . . PLN)
· Challenge: 15 minutes 2 or 3 times a week . . . EXPLORE SOMETHING NEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
· Big 3 . . . keep a list of 3 things that you want to explore and try (so as not to get overwhelmed) . . . start small
· Schools need to teach educational networking
· There are safe ways to do things people think are dangerous
· It is OK to try something new!
· It is OK to take acceptable risk or you will not get anything done to reach today’s students
· The Connected Curriculum . . . promotes cultural awareness . . . walls are needed at times
· Flat Classroom Conference Jan. 2009 http://flatclassroomconference.ning.com/· http://www.flatclassroomproject.org/
· We are building bridges today that the society of tomorrow will walk across
· It is NOT about what you are keeping OUT of the classroom . . . you have to be exposed to some things
· Kids are the best textbooks ever written for each other
· Educational connectivity networks
· We should be connecting all over the world . . . Giant world map showing the connections being made at each level . . . Global Studies Theme?
· Effective Connected Curriculum . . . give in little bites . . . facilitate ownership and expect it
· Two types of communication methods: synchronous and asynchronous
· Purposeful Online Spaces are needed!