Wednesday, January 21, 2009

New Project

I am going to start a new PBL project in the next week or so with both my AIG girls and my 3rd grade enrichment group. I am doing the same project with the same project for both groups, but I am sure the results will be quite different. I guess this could be an experiment or active research project. :)
Since we are almost into February, which is Black History Month, I decided to have my students do some research on self-selected African-Americans in history. I had some ideas for that project, but when I came across this CERTL PBL case, I just knew we had to give it a try.
Case:
The govenor has made an announcement that an African-American section will be added to the History Museum. The governor is requesting 20 people be represented. 4 of them must be athletes, 5 must be women, 5 entertainers, 1 educator, 2 doctors, and 1 must be a politician. You are in charge of deciding who will be in the museum and writing an autobiographical sketch for the museum to display.

I know how I would do this if I were "teaching" but since I am trying to serve as just a facilitator, we will see what happens!

No comments: