Wednesday, January 14, 2009

General Observations

My AIG girls are reading Jeremy Fink and the Meaning of Life. In the story, the two main characters have a box to open that has 5 locks. They need to find the keys for those locks to open the box by Jeremy's 13th birthday. The characters were listing what they knew, what they needed to do, and were developing a plan to achieve the goal. My girls looked at me and commented that was like what we do for a PBL project! :) I am developing PBL thinkers!!!

Several of the other teachers at school signed up to try to get CERTL PBL training this summer. It may be a bit conceited but I think that has a lot to do with my experiences and activities that I have shared.

I have been doing assessments of various type the last week or so and have not been pulling groups of students to work with. I had some time today to plan. I looked through the PBL kit book from CERTL to see what was available. I got excited about the possibilities. I submitted requests for 3 units today (3rd grade, 2nd grade, and math). I wrote plans for those projects in my lesson plans for the future (last week of January).

No comments: